Way forward to restore better LG System
On 3rd September 2021, LCAKP held an Annual General Meeting 2021 in collaboration with the Commonwealth Local Government Forum, Local Councils Association of the Punjab, and the European Union. Members (Local Government Representatives) of LCAKP, Board of Governors, and the Executive Committee participated in the meeting that includes, President LCA KP, Mr. Himayat Ullah Mayar; Senior Vice President, Mr. FasiUllah Khan; Vice President, Mr. Qasim Ali Shah; Convenor, Mr. Syed Ahmed Ali Shah; General Secretary, Mr. Asif Ali Jah; Information Secretary, Mr. Ali Haider; and Project Manager SALG, Mr. Javed Hasan along with other valuable members.
Mr. Himayat addressed the objectives of the meeting after taking input and approval of the previous Agenda from all the members of LCA KP.
The salient points discussed were
- Briefing regarding status of ongoing Awareness Sessions across KPK about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government Act, 2019
- Financial Sustainability of LCAKP
- Efforts of LCAKP members for Revival of District Tier in of Local Government in KPK
- LCAKP Plan for Upcoming Elections
- General Business of LCAKP + Executive Committee Meeting
- Election Committee Formation
The meeting has further highlighted the remarks of women participants for more steps towards the effective inclusion in every caucus of LCAKP to play a key role in the approval of different policies and decisions.
Local government Act 2013 (Amended-2019) was a matter of discussion today. Our leaders from various districts along with our President proposed that Local Government powers and responsibilities should be given to the elected representatives rather than the bureaucracy.
The detailed report will be updated soon.